Modern Day Alchemist
Welcome!! Sign on already so we can RP!!(all chharacters have been moved to pending, please take that info if you want because they will be deleted)

FAQs: Questions Needed

Go down

FAQs: Questions Needed Empty FAQs: Questions Needed

Post by Alaric on Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:39 pm

Hey!
Ok, this may sound really stupid, but as a new forum, we have no 'FAQs' to display, so we need your help. The first 15 people to post RELEVANT questions on here will have their question answered in the FAQs section. We don't care how many questions you ask, but if they are thought as relevant, they'll be answered through the FAQs, otherwise we'll either PM you the answer or just ignore you (If you ask "what is FMA?" Then we will ignore you).
So please, ask away!!

FAQs

1) "In FMA is there such a thing as a State Alchemist receiving an honorable discharge? And if there hasn't been anything showing if there was or not in the show or manga, can there be such a thing on this site?"
- Yes. I believe that an 'honourable discharge' in the anime/manga was demonstrated by Tucker's assessment. I think that the 'letting go' of an alchemist is expressed through how they do in their assessment every two years in the manga/anime. On this site, since we don't want to wait two years, we will be having these assessments every 6 months from character registration dates. Other than not passing the assessment, I think there are no other 'honourable discharges' available site/manga/anime-wise. I hope that answers your question.

Last edited by Alexander Elric on Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alaric
Alaric

Personell File
Ability: Alexander Elric
State/Homuncules Title::

View user profile http://moderndayalchemist.web-rpg.org

Back to top Go down

FAQs: Questions Needed Empty Re: FAQs: Questions Needed

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:35 am

I may have missed something in the show or manga that answered my question, ((Honestly I haven't watched or read much...)) but.....

In FMA is there such a thing as a State Alchemist receiving an honorable discharge? And if there hasn't been anything showing if there was or not in the show or manga, can there be such a thing on this site?

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaric on Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:46 pm

Your question's been answered in the main post ^.^
Alaric
Alaric

Personell File

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:52 pm

Hope you don't mind me adding this, but the reason I asked is that I was thinking of having an honourable discharge in my characters history due to an illness. ((An illness that will be fatal in the future but has severely restricted the characted ability to use alchemy altogether in the present time.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaric on Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Oh? Well, that's alright. It's more of a resignation then discharge, but sure, go ahead ^^
Alaric
Alaric

Personell File

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:13 am

I have a question that pertains to NPCs.

What are the rules for NPCs? How are they used? Is there a set limit for NPCs?

I'm asking because I read the thread that was meant for planning the arc and Reita brought them up, and I began to wonder about them.

Here's Reita's actual comment.

"Lol, well i guess there is that option, because that is exactly what will happen to most of the resitance. They have very few to no members at the moment, however, they do have access to NPC's (i'm just taking a wild gues at that) which does give them a slightly higher advantage against the homunculi. The military has NPC's aswell which gives them an equally oppurtunity to attack the homunculi, however, since most of the homunculi are hiding, rarely seen, or are apart of the military it'll be hard to track us down so easily. Then we have Darky who's little fantasy is stopping my plans and then having me all to himself for a little R&R (XD), however, he falls into the category of 'Viva La Resistance' (the Resistance) he currently cannot control any NPCs (once again, i'm assuming this) which puts him at a very dangerous position. The military (what we've all been dieing to hear about) also has a weakness.... half of their officers are freaking defectionist, meaning they could be heavily outnumbered based on what those defectionist could put into the minds of their units and fellow company commanders, officers, and hell, even the Fuhrer (if she wanted to). So everyone has a weakness, whether it be lack of numbers, skill, brains, and even trust, thus making it fair if this arc where to turn into a real 'War'. So, with the Resitance having practically nonthing but NPCs, i'd think they'd might sit it out and watch, along with the homunculi. The military is really the only group with a strong enough build to take a risk such as going to war."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:24 am

just a question i have considered...
In FMA, since Homunculi (other than gluttony) are shown to only eat red stones, can they eat other foods?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:37 am

I would assum so. There was a scene in Brotherhood with Bradly and Selim eating dinner with the mother/wife. So my vote is yes. I don't know if it is neccessary for them to eat and drink, but that wasn't the question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:43 am

okay, just wondering. and that means that "Our Homunculi Are Different" xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaric on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:54 pm

I'm having it set so that homunculi on the site can only eat human foods two months after being newly formed into a red-mark since their digestive track's acidic state is too strong in that two-month period -after all, they are eating rocks-. After that, yeah, they can pig out as much as Allen Walker if they wanted to. ^.^

As for the NPCs, the rules for NPCs is EVERYONE can use them, they cannot have strong impact on physical characters -for example, an NPC is not aloud to kill a player character, or do any major damage, but an NPC can break a limb or something like that-, NPCs cannot have outside influence unless it is crucial to the plot, or the information has been approved to get transferred to the character by the giver of this information.
NPCs are used just as side characters that basically fill up the field in a sense, NPCs are the extras, so to speak. The extras don't come in and kill the main characters or anything like that, since they're just extras. They're purpose is to go down with the ship, maybe shout out an alarm, just BE there and stuff like that. NPCs rarely have lines, but they can enter conversatin with yours and other characters if you want, just nothing critical can be passed unless the one who holds the information in the RP has approved of the information's passing.
Set limit? Nah. Have as many extras as you want, who cares? Just make sure they don't take over gameplay or nothing ^.^
Alaric
Alaric

Personell File

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:44 pm

awesome.xD but that means that NOW darky's excuse for only eating raw/overcooked bacon is that he's just a bit weird like that...O.o

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaric on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:15 am

Homunculi don't need to eat, sleep, drink or anything like that, they just do that because they want to or to pass the time ^^
Alaric
Alaric

Personell File

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down