Modern Day Alchemist
Welcome!! Sign on already so we can RP!!(all chharacters have been moved to pending, please take that info if you want because they will be deleted)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemist
Welcome!! Sign on already so we can RP!!(all chharacters have been moved to pending, please take that info if you want because they will be deleted)
Modern Day Alchemist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To Xing!

Go down

Welcome To Xing! Empty Welcome To Xing!

Post by Alaric Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:34 pm

Hey!
Welcome to the wonderful country of Xing! There are so many wonderful places in this country, too many to count! If you live in Xing just post a topic in here stating that you live here. Like, if I lived in a cottage, I'd write something like 'Al's Cottage' ETC.
Just to let you know, if you don't already, that you can only be in one place at a time, so make sure you announce your leaving of a town in the topics your in, in that place before you can move onto another place. It's hard having all these topics all in different gaps in time, I've tried it and trust me, it's hard to keep track of one where your character is 14 and in Resembool getting automail put on while at the same time play a topic where he's 16 in Lior fighting off some Ishvallan guy with a grudge, if you get what I mean. We want the time gaps kept to a minimum, in other words.
Other then that, have a nice life in Xing or where-ever you go!
Yours Truly,
The MDA Staff
Alaric
Alaric

Personell File
Ability: Alexander Elric
State/Homuncules Title::

http://moderndayalchemist.web-rpg.org

Back to top Go down

Welcome To Xing! Empty Where is Xing?

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:43 am

Thanks for your kind welcome, but where exactly is Xing? How can I get there? Please let me know by e-mail, o.k.? (AiHenJin[At mark]Bigfoot.com) <--- Just to avoid Spam, Ma'am! Very Happy

Sorry, for newbie question. Got to go make some bread now, but see you later?

Yours, Hypatia Theon

Back to top Go down

Welcome To Xing! Empty Re: Welcome To Xing!

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:04 am

Um... excuse me saying this but something seems a little weird about this....

((Feel free to delete my post when you see it Al.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaric Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:16 pm

...haha, yeah. I'll contact her through email then... er... yeah. Also, that 'Armstrong in a thong' thing keeps giving me the heebi-badaba-jeebies! I've seen it too, so it's disturbing! TT.TT
Alaric
Alaric

Personell File
Ability: Alexander Elric
State/Homuncules Title::

http://moderndayalchemist.web-rpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:17 am

Sorry to be "weird," Elbrecht Jaeger, but glad it was only "a little" 'cuz usually I'm w-a-y out of the ordinary, to say the least.

Thanks for the nice e-mail, Al. It doesn't seem especially private, so I'll quote it here to make things clear:

Alexander Elric wrote:Hey!
It's me, Alexander Elric from MDA! You asked me to contact you through email, so here I am.
Well, you probably haven't read the rules yet, but that's ok.
Alright, I'll explain to you how to move around in countries ETC then.
First off, since no explanations have been released of any locations in Xing, the country itself is a full forum, but the problem is... well, there are no towns ETC known in Xing. This could cause problems. Basically, this is why Xing is a stand-alone place, and all topics are treated as towns in there, unless the topic specifies that it is in the same place as another topic.
In the rules, it is clearly stated that you are only aloud in one town at a time, to bring less confusion into the mess, after all, you ARE ALOUD TO DIE. So basically, that's why you cannot be in Xing and, say, Resembool at the same time.
Now, you asked how to get there. This one's simple, really.
All you have to do in order to announce you've entered a town is basically create a new topic announcing your arrival OR posting in an existing topic announcing your arrival.
You cannot post in any topics without creating a character first, though. Go to the character registration section in the member's area directory, then fill out the template and post in a new topic. Two admins will accept/deny it and then if it is accepted, you are free to go.
If you have anymore questions, PM me on the site and I'll answer within two days, promise ^^
Until next time,
Al

Well, I'd really misunderstood several points. First, I'd thought from the invitation, "Welcome!! Sign on already so we can RP!!" at the entrance of Modern Day Alchemist that there might be some software necessary for the RP as I'd done before with NeverWinter Nights, a game, which we could use to log on to sites and role play like this:

Me wrote:Negotiating with kobolds:

After Ther'al directs Hypatia to Cordor's library, he delivers some parcels and then meets her there. During their ensuing discussion, she proposes negotiating with kobolds instead of just killing them.

Hypatia Theon: Ah.. there you are again, Ther'al.. How did your deliveries go?
Ther'al Al'dara: Well indeed, and i got a lot of tips..
Hypatia Theon: Sorry.. I just lose track of time in a library..
Ther'al Al'dara: *chuckles* Well, i am going to start a hunting party, care to join me?
Hypatia Theon: "Tips"? You learned some useful information?
Ther'al Al'dara: Nay lass. . . . i got moola.
Hypatia Theon: Hunting? It's against my beliefs to kill innocent beings, sorry..
Ther'al Al'dara: Well, actually, they are not innocent.
Hypatia Theon: If you can use my services as a healer, though...
Ther'al Al'dara: I hear that they have killed many a traveler. Hmm yes, we could use a healer.
Hypatia Theon: We are all innocent in the eyes of "The One" *Nods*
Ther'al Al'dara: Hmm, of course! *is obviously confused* Shall we go then?
Hypatia Theon: Sure. I have a few healing skills and protective spells at your disposal. *Notes his confusion* You're not interested in spiritual matters?
Ther'al Al'dara: Aye, aye. i shall keep you safe, you just make sure i don't get any blood on my armor. Of course i am..
Hypatia Theon: I have a spell for that I believe.. let's see..
Ther'al Al'dara: interested in..spiritual matter..
Hypatia Theon: Shield of Faith.. That might help..
Ther'al Al'dara: I follow...uh..Torm is it? why yes! yes Torm, of course i follow Torm.
Hypatia Theon: You follow Torm?
Ther'al Al'dara: Yes..Yes i do *smiles, happy because he remembered a good god* i am a paladin that fights the evil!
Hypatia Theon: I'd like to hear some of Torm's teachings ... when you have time to explain them to me..
Ther'al Al'dara: *smirks* Why of course.
Hypatia Theon: So you believe in subduing evil by force?
Ther'al Al'dara: Nay, but if i must, i will.
Hypatia Theon: But force is in itself evil, is it not?
Ther'al Al'dara: Like we will try and persuade these kobolds to stop their attacking. Yes, you must fight evil with evil.
Hypatia Theon: Thus you are compounding evil in your work, right?
Ther'al Al'dara: Yes. Only if i must, then i ask Torm to forgive me. Shall we go?
Hypatia Theon: But two evils in their confrontation may often inflict harm on innocent bystanders.. That's one reason I try to avoid use of force...
Ther'al Al'dara: Yes. As do i. Now let us try and persuade these kobolds to stop their violence.
Hypatia Theon: So? You are eager to be off on this hunt, then, Ther'al?
Ther'al Al'dara: Yes, i grow tired of being coped up in a boat then this city.
Hypatia Theon: Yes. By all means... Let's negotiate with these "evil" kobolds.. Perhaps some of them may turn out not to be so evil..
Ther'al Al'dara: Hopefully.

Setting on their mission of peace with high hopes and picking up Andrea, an animal trainer, along the way, Ther'al's diplomatic mission reaches Kobold Caverns:

Ther'al Al'dara: *chuckles* We mean no harm! Better stop..
Hypatia Theon: Killing living beings is absolutely against my principles.
Ther'al Al'dara: Fine!
Hypatia Theon: Oh! Blood everywhere..
Andrea Travast: Good Arvash!
Ther'al Al'dara: *grumbles holding his side*
Hypatia Theon: How brutal!
Ther'al Al'dara: *pulls out a arrow from his chest* I need better armor..
Andrea Travast: You ok?
Hypatia Theon: I have none myself.
Ther'al Al'dara: I'll live..For a while. *limps slightly*
Hypatia Theon: That's all anyone can do..
Andrea Travast: Whew!
Hypatia Theon: Hey kobolds?
Ther'al Al'dara: Well i tried talking to them a while back.
Hypatia Theon: Oh.. They're all dead..
Ther'al Al'dara: They didn't listen.
Ther'al Al'dara: And i don't like having a arrow sticking out of my neck
Hypatia Theon: No chance to negotiate.. What a shame..
Ther'al Al'dara: Yes.
Hypatia Theon: Events happen so quickly out here in the field..
Ther'al Al'dara: Don't attack us.. We come to talk.
Hypatia Theon: Doesn't it remind you of that saying, "The map is not the territory." I mentioned earlier at the mapmakers?
Ther'al Al'dara: Damn... Get back. Get back.
Hypatia Theon: Hello, kobolds. Please don't fight..
Ther'al Al'dara: Get back.. Run! Gah!
Vyper Shadowstorm: Greetings, Hypatia Theon. I guard the bridge between the land of the living and the land of the dead

Also, I'd remembered that "Xing" is a word in Chinese, so, If I said, "Dui bu chi, ni de ming ze shi shema?" (Excuse me, what's your name?) You might reply, "Wo xing Alexander Elric." I'm sure you can see that "Xing" could mean "I'm called" See?

Well, sorry for all the misunderstandings. Got to finish up tomorrow's bread and rolls in time to bring them to the bakery. Maybe see you later?

Sin-searingly yours, Hypatia Theon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down