Modern Day Alchemist
Welcome!! Sign on already so we can RP!!(all chharacters have been moved to pending, please take that info if you want because they will be deleted)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemist
Welcome!! Sign on already so we can RP!!(all chharacters have been moved to pending, please take that info if you want because they will be deleted)
Modern Day Alchemist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiram Nakamora

2 posters

Go down

Hiram Nakamora Empty Hiram Nakamora

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:43 am

Name: Hiram Nakamora
State Name: The Percussion Alchemist
Alias/Nickname: The Armory
Race: (Amestrian)
DOB: January 7th 1978
Birthplace: South City Amestris
Current Location: (Central)
Height: 5’11
Weight: 190lb
Eye color: green
Hair color: dark brown
Hair Style: well kept Short hair
Clothing: If he is on duty than the standard officer’s uniform, if he is of duty a sweater and a high end overcoat.
Overall Pic: (I do not have a Picture yet)

(PETS ARE OPTIONAL)
Pet Breed: (chimera, dog, cat, etc)
Pet gender:N/A
Pet name:N/A
Personality: A well spoken man, he is friendly and professional with colleagues and friendly and sarcastic with his friends and associates. A good listener and not prone to interrupt unless he thinks it’s important, he takes his work seriously and will not stop until he thinks he has done his very best.
Likes: A good book, tinkering, a good drink every now and again, women, a nice long QUITE train ride, good friends, and alchemy.
Dislikes: Arrogance, Incompetence, that small child who whines in public when they don’t get what they want, insects.
Dark Secret: (Optional)
Deepest Fear: That he will become his father.
Idol: Ironically he also idolizes his father.
Closest Friend: His grandfather who has long since passed on.
Rival: N/A
Skills: An incredible knowledge of the intimate workings of firearms (he is a mechanical engineer and he knows the mechanisms in watches like the back of his hand), and the ability to transmute firearms.
Weapons: A solid knowledge of transmuting firearms and related items but not as much with the transmutation of biological matter, A rifle that he keeps at home his sidearm, and a knife.
Transportation: Train
Special Item: His father’s wristwatch that was made by his grandfather.
Family: He was the only child of two parents who were the only children in their families, his mother died, and his father and his grandparents as well; he is the last living member to bear his father’s family name.
History: Born in South city to Elizabeth and Jin Nakamora, he was named after his great great grandfather Hiram Nakamora, who was a hero during the Ishval conflict. His father the then floor manager of An Arms manufacturer, and son of a watchmaker was a rough man who had a down to earth outlook on life. His mother a kindly woman spoiled beyond all belief much to the annoyance of her husband still; Jin had to admit that was one of the qualities about her he had fallen in love with. As such the first few years of his life were spent with him being the center of attention, and his personality became that of a mama’s boy. He was devastated when his mother died in a fire at her friend’s house when he was only seven, he refused to eat for a week, and would not look anyone in the eye, and his father was the one to finally snap him out of it by spending two weeks hiking in the mountains. His father related to him in many ways as his mother had died when he was a teen, and of course the shared sorrow he felt at losing his beloved wife. Hiram would recover well with a newfound respect for a father he had not known well, his father would begin to push him towards the sciences as even at this early age he was a head above other children.
At the age of thirteen he began his apprenticeship with his grandfather a watchmaker a business that had been in the family for generations, by this time Hiram excelled in mathematics and chemistry, and was solid in all subjects aside from English. At was at this time that his attention was turned to alchemy, he was pointed in this direction by his grandfather, who could see where his true interest would be, this would start a long lasting friendship with his grandfather. It was also at this time that his father was elected as the new president of National Arms Fabrication this was due to his unceasing desire to improve the company. At 16 Hiram expressed his desire to become a state alchemist to his father, who thought such things were foolish not because he considered being a dog of the military to be wrong but that he found alchemy to be a useless skill one that could be matched by a machine instead of a man. He removed his son from the apprenticeship with his grandfather and had him work in his factory as a line worker; although Hiram still practiced alchemy his dreams had been temporarily crushed. At 17 Hiram was a floor manager in charge of all the line workers, at 18 he was accepted to a position in the research and development department and began to go to the local university.
At 21 he graduated at the top of his class with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, and he began work supervising the R&D department at his father’s company, it was in this year that his grandfather passed on, he was deeply saddened but his Grandfather had been sick for a couple of years before he died, he had already dealt with some of the grief. The following year at the urging of his father and many of his colleagues he joined the officer candidate school, he graduated fifth in his class at the age of 23. He was immediately assigned to the militaries arms and armaments division, due in no small part to his work before he joined up, at 24 he was promoted to captain, and at 25 he was promoted to be the second in command with a rank of major, the form for the promotion said it was due to his exemplary career but he knew it had everything to with the fact that his father supplied weapons to the military. It had always been like that his father had always controlled his life never once had he made his own decisions not even his education, something he deeply resented his father for. At 27 he created an all-weather rifle that worked equally well in the desert as it did in the tundra that was hailed by his superiors as “genius” he was promoted to Lt. Colonel it was the first time in his life he had felt he had accomplished something on his own. Later that year he applied for an alchemy exam in and was not accepted due to his father threatening to pull the military contract if he was accepted. He never forgave his father for that, and would not speak to him again until he was sick in the hospital 5 years later. His father died quietly in his sleep with his son sitting at his bed side mumbling something about his wife minutes before he died.

RP Sample: Hiram walked quietly down the hallway, the sun shining through the windows in the corridor giving everything it touched a surreal glow. Hiram noted the way it reflected of the brightly polished brass of a Lt. Who passed him by; he couldn’t help but think of this as a good omen for the week ahead of him. Hiram had just recently taken the state alchemy exam, and he was hoping beyond hope that he passed; “oh well” he thought “I’ll find out soon enough”. For the present however he was heading to a meeting with his superior, he knew Col Whitmore was retiring soon, and there was a good chance he would be promoted to his position, as a matter of fact even as a state alchemist the need for someone who truly understood weapons was great. He reflected back to the meeting with his father’s secon m sure he won’t mind controlling the company on his own it is mostly his now anyway d in command, “man that guy was mad when I told him I wasn’t going to immediately leave the military to control the company” “I’” Hiram had just received one of his monthly checks from the company earlier that day and nearly passed out, he would be set for life with that kind of income.
He took A sharp right towards his Co’s office, a voice called him out of his reflections, “Good Morning Sir!” he looked over at the secretary, a blonde haired goddess of a woman, if beautiful women could be considered out of his league than she could be considered in a different sport altogether. “Good Morning Julie” looking into the pure green fields that were her eyes, “how is your morning going?””Oh much better now that you’re here” ”That’s lovely Julie” he said as he proceeded into Whitmore’s office “damn tease” he thought to himself “she just got engaged and here she is being a flirt just to mess with me”. He walked into the office and saw Whitmore in the middle of his morning paper and tea, as Whitmore set the paper down Hiram noted the usual look of annoyance at being interrupted, Whitmore was a tall white haired man with the most ridiculous mustache he had seen in his life it was like two clouds connected together and inexplicably curling up at each end, “take a seat son” The colonel spoke with authority but with no trace of the annoyance he had displayed earlier. An hour later Hiram exited the office Julie said something to him but he did not have the patient to play her stupid games, he must have looked pretty angry because he could swear she stopped talking mid sentence, “god dam it” he thought to himself “he thinks he can just send me away to drachma without telling me if I’m going to get his job” it was a pointless assignment any moron with a paper and a pen could inspect a god damn cold weather machine gun now he was going to have to find out if he made state alchemist then immediately head of to drachma, “ No need getting to worked up, I still have the results of the exam to look forward to”, as he composed himself he looked out the window, it now looked like it was going to rain “figures” he mumbled aloud.

(whew Feel like I just fineshed an essay. Shocked )

Back to top Go down

Hiram Nakamora Empty Re: Hiram Nakamora

Post by Revel Yao Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:47 am

In my opinion Approved, you need one more person to approve though
Revel Yao
Revel Yao

Personell File
Ability: Revel Shade
State/Homuncules Title:: N/A

http://modernwarriors.creeazaforum.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaric Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:10 am

approved~~~ I'll put you in your groups and if you want a rank (homunculus/military) then register in the registration section ^.^
Alaric
Alaric

Personell File
Ability: Alexander Elric
State/Homuncules Title::

http://moderndayalchemist.web-rpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:59 am

quite approvalled...and nice creativity on your alchemist title. xD as of now, thats my favorite one. lol then comes Limestone and Toeblade. xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaric Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Bleh, i'm no state alchemist no more, just an ordinary colonel ^.^
Alaric
Alaric

Personell File
Ability: Alexander Elric
State/Homuncules Title::

http://moderndayalchemist.web-rpg.org

Back to top Go down