Modern Day Alchemist
Welcome!! Sign on already so we can RP!!(all chharacters have been moved to pending, please take that info if you want because they will be deleted)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemist
Welcome!! Sign on already so we can RP!!(all chharacters have been moved to pending, please take that info if you want because they will be deleted)
Modern Day Alchemist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A broken record and a broken family [Part 2] (open)

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

A broken record and a broken family [Part 2] (open) Empty A broken record and a broken family [Part 2] (open)

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:12 am

Takegami sat at a table sipping red wine alone, looking at the scenery. People of age and of youth all stared at him as they walked by, either scared or excited to see someone like him still alive. There were some who called him a hero, for most of his murders involved the death of corrupt CEO business men and yakuza members, while others gave him dirty looks, but were too afraid to do anything about him being here in Reole. He couldn't help but laugh at these people as he sipped his wine lightly before hearing his cellphone ring. He spoke on the phone for a good ten minutes before hanging up and placing his wine on the table and leaving a wad of money there aswell.

He walked away from the restaurant, however, right when he touched the ground a man attempted to stab him. With one quick fluid movement, Takegami grabbed the man's arm, and twisted it backwards and yanked it off of his body. The man screamed in pain as he looked at his arm being carried away by Takegami who bore a twisted smile. He sat down on a bench before his table was barraged by a large group of men who were all shot down right when they showed up. After this was all done, Takegami walked back over to the table and sat down once again. There was one man left standing, and he kneeled down and begged for forgiveness, and he was granted his request. Right after Takegami nodded, he kicked the man onto the ground and used him as a footrest.

"This is... boring."

Back to top Go down

A broken record and a broken family [Part 2] (open) Empty Re: A broken record and a broken family [Part 2] (open)

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:18 am

Katie stopped on the sidewalk and looked down at her paper. She seemed very confused. "Where is he...?" She whispered to herself, scanning the area of Reole.
She let out a sigh, thinking she'd never find him. She walked down the road a little more, until she passed by a restaurant window.
Realizing something, she snapped up and ran back to the window.
She opened the door and walked in, going up to a man that she reconignized.
"Um...hi," She greeted in an unsure voice. "You're...Takegami, right?" She peered down at her paper once more, hoping to pronouce his name correctly.

Back to top Go down

A broken record and a broken family [Part 2] (open) Empty Re: A broken record and a broken family [Part 2] (open)

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:23 am

Takegami looked over at the girl lazily, sipping a glass of blood from the ripped arm, which had missing fingers now, and nodded slightly. He scanned her up and down before finally placing the glass down and starting to figure out who she was. He searched through all of his memory and found the information he got on the girl.

"The Limestone Alchemist, Katie Lynn Ash. Born on June eighteenth, fourteen years old, and relies on alchemy to fight. Tobi, you bastard."

He threw back the glass of wine, and cut through the flesh of the arm on the table before pulling it off with a fork and eating the blood covered human meat. He sighed before drinking every last drop of blood, and then held the cup up over his mouth as to get every little drop of it.

"Yes, i'm Takegami."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:36 am

Katie stood there, shocked that he knew that much about her, and a little grossed out. She'd never heard of him before, so how did he know her?

"Okay...since you already know about me, I guess you know why I'm here." She paused waiting for an answer from him. No reply.
"Alright, then, I'm here because I've been paired with you on some type of mission." She explained. "I'm not even sure what the mission is myself, though."

Hearing a growl, Katie looked below her and noticed her blonde ferret, Alex, hissing at Takegami. He never growled at anyone unless he thought that they would hurt his owner.
"Alex, it's alright. I don't think he'll--" She turned back to the arm on the table, and him eating the arms meat. "...Yeah, I'll be careful." She silently whispered to her pet, as he climbed up to her shoulders as he always did.

"Alright, Takegami, whatever this mission is, we're already on it."
Now if only she knew what this mission was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:41 am

Takegami yawned and looked over at the ferret, his eyes cold and emotionless. Unfortunately for the girl, she couldn't see his crystal blue eyes for they were hidden behind his tented glasses and short black hair. He stood up slowly revealing his all black clothing and sword, and grabbed his jacket. He threw it on and then tapped the man on the back once. Within seconds a huge hole exploded in the man's chest, leaving nonthing left of his mid body. Takegami grabbed his arm as a snack for later, and put it in his bag which he had on his back.

He sighed and walked towards the door motioning for the girl to follow.

"A military official who goes by Sergeant Xen was killed only two hours ago. We are toinvestigate his death and why it happened. Got it? Good, so stay out of my way brat, or i'll eat your flesh and drown your little fuzz ball of a pet."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:52 am

Now, of all times, Katie started regretting agreeing (a.k.a being forced) to this mission with a guy like Takegami. She knew he wasn't bluffing about his threats, but it was extremely rude of him. And now...he got her somewhat scared.

Sighing, she followed him. Alex, Katie could tell, was afraid and angry at the same time.
It was like he was saying to her, "Why do we have to follow someone like him? You could handle this mission on your own..."

"I wish I could, but apparently, the military doesn't think I can handle myself. Which is why they paired me with him in the first place." Katie explained to her pet, still following Takegami. 'What fun this'll be...'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:59 am

Takegami walked out the door into the sunshine which quickly became covered with grey clouds. Rain would be approaching soon, which meant they needed an umbrella. He walked over to a store and grabbed an umbrella and opened it. Within a matter of seconds, rain began to pour down heavily. He looked back at the girl, forgetting she didn't have an umbrella, and simply shrugged.

"We'll be walking to the house of the victim. He lives only a mile away, so this shouldn't be a problem."

He turned around and started walking, not even bothering to wonder how she would stay dry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:07 am

Katie was a little pissed at Takegami, now. He didn't care about her at all. Alex really hated the rain, so Katie always carried around an umbrella in her bag among the many pieces of limestone she carried in there as well. Thankfully, she always kept other items in there along with her alchemy ingrediants. She rummaged around in her bag and pulled out the umbrella.

"Thanks for worrying about us," She muttered, putting up the umbrella to cover both herself and her ferret.
She didn't respond to him throughout the entire time of the walking trip.

She continued to wonder how she got stuck with a jerk like him...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:12 am

Maybe half a mile into the trip Takegami pulled out a cigarrette, and lit it. He blew a puff of smoke into the air, and, out of the corner of his eye, he looked at the young girl. She reminded him much of his daughter, however, he tried to keep that part of him inside and dead. He quickly averted his eyes back on the trail and walked forward silently. He noticed something out of the corner of his eye, but brushed it aside when he did the logical thing and worked out the situation. The only possible way to attack was from in front of Takegami, which meant he had the perfect way of avoid any attack coming from infront. luckily, the girl behind him would be the one hit if it came to an ambush from behind.

He yawned slightly, still tired from the long trip here before he nodded slightly for no reason. he reached into his back pocket and pulled out his picture of his wife.

"Why are you still here brat? Shouldn't you be crying to mommy about the mean guy who keeps picking on you and your dumb fuzz ball."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:21 am

"No," Katie replied, sounding irritated. "I'm still here because I'm a State Alchemist. I have to fufill my duties as one. And besides, Xenotine, I'm assuming, is far from here."

She was more angry than upset, anyway.

They walked the half-mile more, and they arrived shortly at the victim's house. She still refused to talk to Takegami. If he wanted her to shut up and not get in the way, then that's exactly what she would do. Well, at least she'll be quiet. She didn't say anything about not getting in his way, let alone, say anything at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:26 am

When they arrived at the house, Takegami put the picture away and walked inside. RIght before the girl could enter in behind him, he stuck his umbrella out, shook it to splash the water off of it, and then closed it without even bothering to make sure he didn't get the girl wet. He sighed slightly and set the umbrella down and began looking around. He could smell the wonderful smell of blood in the air. the aroma all seemed to carry from every room, which meant that something had gone horribly wrong. Suddenly, a beast like creature had busted through a wall. It looked like a lion mixed with a panther, which could only mean one thing... a chimera.

"What the hell is going on here?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:32 am

Katie was splashed with more rain water from Takegami's umbrella.
She didn't comment.

When the chimera burst through the walls, Katie slightly smirked. She hadn't gone up against a chimera yet. She wanted to see if she could test her skills against one. Although, Takegami would probably push her out of the way and beat the chimera by himself...

"I'm not sure, but let's take a look..." Since he'd probably beat this one on his own, Katie would go explore the home and see what else she could find.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:36 am

Takegami looked up at the beast which towered over him, and simply sighed. He then turned away and grabbed the girl by the collar. His grip was tight so that she couldn't pull away. He pulled her behind him and waved his hand, motioning for her to handle the beast.

"Take care of that thing, it should keep you busy and out of my way so that i can find some evidence."

His eyes seemed to glow behind his glasses now, and the infliction in his voice raised slightly so she could hear him over the growling of the chimera. He just needed the girl to keep it busy so he could collect a few items and look at the possible causes of death.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:50 am

This was...a little unexpected. She nodded to him with no sign of fear.
"Alright, I'll beat it. Just let me go so I can do it." He let go of her, and she quickly took out a piece of chalk. She drew her transmutation circle, and clapped her hands to it.
A circle of limestone surrounded the beast. She took out a piece of limestone from her bag and threw it into the circle. She drew the same circle on the floor as the circle on the stone.

The chimera knocked down the hollow stone she trapped it with, and activated the limestone she threw into it. It pireced through the beast, and automatically killed it. It knocked down the rest of the other stone.

Katie walked to the other limestone and picked up a few of the pieces, and stuffed them in her bag.. She always reused limestone she took from the ground.

She stood up from picking up pieces, and looked around. Takegami was nowhere to be found within the room...

"Damn him."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:57 am

Takegami walked out of the room of mutilated to see the dead beast on the ground dead. He sighed as he looked at the destruction she created before slendering his eyes. He walked over to the gil and slapped upside the head gently. She had ruined the entire area, meaning it would take them a while to get through the mess she made.

"I don't know who allowed you to join this army, but whoever did was an idiot. You destroyed the entire crime scene with your little stunt."

Right when he finished, he could smell the sense of another in the room. Something came walking through the door, covered from head to toe in fur. It was wearing a military uniform, and right when Takegami saw it his eyes widened slightly. This chimera was contagious and the girl had spilled the beasts blood everywhere. He grabbed her and walked back slowly.

"You've already gotten in my way once, now get out of here and go back to wherever you came from. And turn in your pocketwatch to, cause you suck at your job."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:03 am

Katie felt so pissed off right now. She couldn't leave this mission, and yet, he'd made her feel like an idiot.

"Hell no!!!" She screamed at him, cursing. "I may have made ONE mistake in this mission, but that doesn't mean I'm giving up! I'm sticking with you until this mission is done! I'm NOT going to go back! So you're just going to have to deal with me for now, because there's no way in hell I'm going back!" She stood her ground. She did what she's finally wanted to do this entire trip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:10 am

Takegami removed his glasses revealing his shining blue eyes which glinted in the darkness. His face bore a psychotic smile, and his eyes were wide with lust. He snapped his fingers causing a blade to come out of the earth and into his hand. He brought the blade close to her neck, and whispered lightly in her ear:

"I have no problem with killing stupid children who can only get in the way."

Within a second, he appeared behind the furry figure and brought his blade downward through it's back. It split in half and blood sprayed all over Takegami. His psychotic smile widened as he showed his pearly whites before appearing behind the girl. His speed was untracebale to the naked eye, and this was only the beginning of his abilities. He could become even faster, however, he wouldn't need that much to finish this squirt off.

"I'll tell you once more, get out of my way. You will stand outside, and await my orders. Understood, brat!?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:20 am

Katie, holding onto Alex, protecting him from the blade, nodded grudingly.
She couldn't continue with death nearing her life.

"...Fine." She stated, turning around, and walking outside. "Have it your way."

Katie, now outside, started to silently sob to herself. But only for at least to minute to let it out.
"I almost lost you and myself, Alex..." She told him quietly, grasping onto him.
He rubbed against her cheek as he always did to make her feel better.
"Well, we'll wait awhile and see what happens after this..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:25 am

Takegami walked out of the house carrying a business suitcase, a bookbag, and a purse. He looked over at her and handed her the purse and acted as if nonthing hadn't of happened at all. It was still raining heavily, and the air around them became colder. the temperature was dropping quickly, which meant there was possible snow coming, and seeing as how the body's temperature drops within miliseconds of stepping outside the two could be in big trouble. Pulling off his jacket, which he cleaned the blood stains off of, he put it around the girl and opened his umbrella.

He hated being nice, but seeing her reminded him much of her daughter. Besides, he put her through enough suffering, which was his weakness. Women. He didn't care about dating them, but seeing them hurt and such put a foul taste in his mouth for some reason. He walked back onto the trail, not paying her anymind before motioning for her to follow.

"This isn't how things were supposed to go, but i have my evidence and such. Let's go."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:32 am

Katie looked up, surprised. This wasn't like Takegami at all.
He was being...nice to her.

She stood up and grasped the jacket around her. It was unusual. She stared at Alex, who stared back up at her in confusion.
When he motioned for her to follow, she did so. Only this time, with a smile on her face.

"Thank you, Takegami."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:46 am

Takegami looked back at her out of the corner of his eye and nodded slightly. They walked for about a mile, and Takegami stayed silent. The city still had people buzzing around everywhere with umbrellas up and open to keep them dry. He noticed the train station had closed untill further notice and sighed. He walked over to a restaurant which had a padio and walked over.

"Get yourself something to eat, i'll worry about the bill."

He then left the girl alone and headed towards the padio. While he was inside the house, he noticed something that just didn't seem right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:55 am

Katie smiled warmly at Takegami as he left her by herself. Why was he being nice all of a sudden? Before, he was cold and threatening her life, and now he was treating her as if she really was his teammate.

She walked up to the restaurant and sat down. A waiter came up to her, and asked her what she wanted. She just asked a few cinnamon buns.
She recieved her order, and it smelled to delicious! And they tasted so warm!
She fed Alex a few pieces of her food.

Katie looked around, wondering where Takegami was now. He was probably close by, since he said he'd handle her bill (which she kept to a low amount).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:06 am

Takegami stood on the padio piecing together the information trying to find a cause of death. However, nonthing seemed to match up. The Sergeant that was murdered suffered very little damage, almost as if it was suicide. The other investigators were found mutilated and dead, but they died by the hands of the chimera. But what was a chimera doing at the crime scene, and when did it arrive. The smell of blood was fresh when they arrived, which meant the other investigators were killed shortly before he and the girl arrived. This could only mean that someone led the chimera there as a trap for him and Katie.

He sighed slightly and kept staring at the sky before it struck him. In the Sergeants room was a safe which had been forced open. The sergeant was rich and currently working on a major case, so not only was there the possibility of money being in the safe, but so were the information the sergeant had gathered during his case. However, forensics had already alarmed Takegami of the forced entry into the safe. The safe had the fingerprints of a figure who was in jail the night of the sergeants death. Suicide, murder, and a robbery all happening at the sametime, yet only the military officers died... something was horriibly wrong.

"The safe was opened long before the attack, the robber was arrested days before the crime, and the murderer is still hiding. Of course, this case was an ambush. But who were they aiming for?"

Takegami walked back into the restaurant and sat down across from Katie and crossed his legs femininely. He didn't say a word, but just rather sat there looking at the waitor who became nervous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:14 am

"What'd you find, Take, anything?" Katie asked, giving him a nickname already.
"Unless...you'd rather I call you Takegami." She looked down at her cup of water she was drinking.

She was still a little afraid of Takegami, but, she learned to be patient with him. If he went back to being mean before, then she could just wait for him to be nice agian...or something like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:20 am

Takegami simply nodded slowly at the question before snapping back into reality. He looked over at Katie and simply smiled warmly. The nicer he acted, hopefully, the more she would learn to understand why he is the way he is. He sighed and relaxed a little before ordering a glass of wine and vodka.

"This case dosen't make any sense. There was a safe in the room, which was forced open by a man who was in custody two days and fifteen hourse before this crime took place, so how were his fingerprints on the safe? Second, the chimera came only a few minutes before we arrived, however, there shouldn't be chimera's anywhere in this part of the nation, which means it was brought to the house. Lastly, our sergeant commited suicide for a reason, but why? Oh, i almost forgot, this is the last thing. How is it that a robber, murderer, and suicide attempt all happened at the same exact time, but only the sergeant died? That chimera and that safe are of signfigance to this case."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next